You asked for it, here it is!
A 5-hour unique Life After Baby Workshop for birth professionals.
Advanced training in Breastfeeding and Postpartum.
Approved for five ICEA contact hours!
Years ago when ICEA had a Postnatal Educator certification, I certified and designed a postpartum class which I was blessed to be able to teach at several locations where I taught classes. Over the years, I have been asked my many different people to teach this class to birth professionals. After so many requests, I've decided to add a specific workshop in order to share both my postpartum and breastfeeding classes in a professional format for others to go out and teach on their own.
This is an incredibly unique, one-of-a-kind, five hour workshop that will cover, in detail, breastfeeding and postpartum information for birth professionals to share with the families with which they work. This is not your average workshop on breastfeeding and postpartum. My focus has always been on how to help families navigate their way through the significant societal changes in the 21st century in order to have a more positive breastfeeding and postpartum experience. Yes, you will learn the mechanics of breastfeeding and specifics about the changes that come as new parents. But we will go deeper than that. We'll go further to the core of the issues affecting new parents today. At the end of this workshop, you will have the information available to you to confidently, and immediately, go out and teach/share this information.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Societal changes which have impacted breastfeeding and postpartum
- How to empower parents to follow their instincts
- The mechanics of breastfeeding and how societal influences interfere with the natural biology of breastfeeding
- How partners can enhance and complete the breastfeeding triad
- Pumping/returning to work
- Breastfeeding challenges and solutions
- Postpartum physical, emotional and physiological changes in mothers and fathers
- Needs of new parents and how to get them met in today's society
- Detailed, unique, information on postpartum mood disorders in both mothers and fathers
- And MORE!
This class must have 3 people or more to run. My cancellation policy is that $75 of the registration fee is non-refundable. The remaining amount can be refunded up to three weeks prior to the beginning of the workshop date for which you register. After that time, no refunds are available.
Class runs the Monday after each ICEA Approved Childbirth Educator Workshop from 11:00am-4:00pm.
Discounts are offered to professionals who take this workshop in conjunction (the same weekend) as an ICEA Professional Childbirth Educator Workshop.
And always feel free to contact me directly for more information about any of the above!